The Grants & Finance Manager is a new position designed to support the organization’s goals in bringing safe and Living water to the communities we serve. The position is an opportunity to be part of an innovative and growing organization that catalyzes faith-based entrepreneurship across low- and middle-income countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Grants & Finance Manager will support both the Strategic Partnerships and Programs Departments and will report directly to the Sr. Director of Strategic Partnerships and the Director of Community Engagement in the Programs Department. The Manager plays critical roles for both teams, mainly through financial monitoring and management, and will provide a range of support functions that ensure excellent financial stewardship for Water4’s institutional donors. This role complements other team members’ skills in partnership development, project design, and donor stewardship.
Examples of potential work areas include the following:
Grant Financial Management: Manage and monitor progress on grant implementation. The Manager will work closely with the Finance department to develop and manage processes for financial data collection and accounting to ensure timely delivery of internal and external financial reporting.
- Grant Compliance: Support SP and Finance teams to ensure grant compliance for specific, large-scale Water4 institutional donors, including USAID. The Manager will provide input to procurement, accounting, financial, staff time recording, and other compliance-related areas.
- Donor Reporting: Manage all donor financial reporting, including interim and final reports working closely with SP, Finance, and Programs departments. The Manager will prepare financial statements for donors and participate in key donor update calls and meetings.
- Proposal Development/Business Development: Drafting, iteration, and finalization of budgets and budget narratives on the design of new projects or grants.
Financial Analysis: Development, piloting, and roll-out of project or business-level financial statements that support business development initiatives.
Financial Quality Assurance: Other tasks may include working directly with water businesses in Africa on analysis of enterprise data and training on best practices in financial management and accounting.
- Standardization of Water4 businesses’ accounting policies and procedures
- Analysis and review of enterprise financials to verify expenses and identify potential cost savings
- Coaching and support of water business finance staff
The ideal Grants & Finance Manager will have a passion for empowering others to solve their own challenges; expertise in financial management for both private and non-profit organizations; an ability to translate and present complex data for diverse audiences; grant management experience; an understanding of USAID and FAR/CFR regulations. Proficiency in French is preferred.
The candidate will have the capacity to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately; creative thinking and curiosity; and the ability to build long-term relationships with donors and partners. The candidate will have a keen interest in philanthropy and international development and will be willing to learn both about Water4’s model and approach, and the global water sector.
Time Allocation of Responsibilities:
% Time Allocation
Grant Financial Management
Business Development and Financial Analysis
Financial Quality Assurance for Water4 and Enterprise Programs
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Data Science, Business, Economics, or other related fields
- 2+ years of non-profit or business experience preferred
- Experience implementing USAID contracts and/or grants
- Experience implementing other large-scale grants for international programs
- High level of organization and time management skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Mastery of MS Excel, understanding of statistical and other analytical methods
- Experience running programs in Salesforce, Abila, Asana, and other program management software
- Budgeting, accounting, and cost management skills
- Experience in QuickBooks
- French language skills a plus
The following competencies are expected of all Water4 employees
|Job knowledge||Demonstrates knowledge of purposes, objectives, practices, and procedures required to perform the job.|
|Productivity||Produces a volume of work consistent with the normal requirements of the job.|
|Quality of work||Work is accurate, thorough, and timely according to agreed standards and expectations agreed.|
|Communication||Expresses information verbally and in writing in a clear and coherent manner.|
|Reliability||Can be depended upon to perform assigned tasks in a timely manner and degree of supervision required.|
|Initiative||Exhibits drive to complete tasks and take charge in the absence of detailed instructions.|
|Delegation||Delegating and following up regularly to ensure that delegated duties and responsibilities are carried out.|
|Teamwork||Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers and works to share responsibilities towards common targets.|
|Leadership||Motivates and builds morale, eliciting cooperation from subordinates and achieving results through a team effort.|
|Constructive feedback||Accepts improvement-oriented ideas and offers the same to colleagues or those under their supervision.|
Position Reports To:
Sr. Director of Strategic Partnerships
Oklahoma City, OK | Remote-Based
To Apply for this Job:
Please submit your resume here: https://water4.breezy.hr/p/7894f3322d24-grants-finance-manager/apply
Water4, a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt entity incorporated under the laws of the State of Oklahoma, USA, is an international nonprofit using faith, innovation, and empowerment to reimagine a world free from the water crisis. Water4 equips missional entrepreneurs in developing nations to create lasting economic, physical and spiritual change through market-based safe water solutions. This approach puts the solutions to local problems in the hands of local people and ensures that safe water access is sustained by local resources. Since 2008, Water4 has impacted the lives of over one million people in more than 30 countries through the power of safe and living water.