At Water4, we’re passionately equipping people in developing nations to reimagine a world free from the water crisis through faith, innovation and empowerment.
Water4 is currently active in Africa and South America empowering local entrepreneurs to provide sustainable access to safe and living water. We believe the only truly lasting approach to providing water solutions that meet both the physical and spiritual needs of people living in water poverty is local people solving local problems through locally-owned businesses.
We believe God works through the capacity, strength and greatness of ordinary people to eradicate the water crisis — leaving behind lasting peace and reconciliation in its place, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate who is just as passionate as we are about seeing a world where complete access to safe and living water is available for all.
The Development Officer will increase, manage and retain the mid-level and major gift portfolio of Water4 including donor relations, cultivation, fundraising, campaign development and stewardship.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fostering and developing long-term relationships with potential financial partners that ultimately generate a sustainable tradition of support for the mission of Water4
- Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, engaging, soliciting and stewarding relationships that result in committed financial partners
- Managing, maintaining and monitoring relationships with existing financial partners that foster positive and purposeful partner relations that ensure ongoing relationships and funding
- Working closely with the CEO and the Director of Development and Marketing to create, develop and manage a Water4 Ambassadors program
- Working with the Donor Records Associate to maintain financial partner records through donor management software including donor correspondence in response to gifts
- Working collaboratively with and in support of board, staff, volunteers, other development associates while participating in all aspects of the gift cycle
- Ensuring Water4 operates with the highest level of integrity and is in compliance with generally accepted fundraising and development standards and guidelines
- Recommending and assisting with programming, marketing and outreach
- Strong commitment to and belief in the mission of Water4
- Commitment to donor-centered fundraising principles as outlined in the Water4 Philosophy of Development
- Must be a highly energetic, self-starting professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five to six-figure range
- Three to five years professional fundraising experience
- Ability to understand and articulate the impact and unique business model of Water4 to donors in order to develop long-term relationships
- Must play well with others and be highly collaborative across departments
- Enthusiastic about making the world better for the 2.1 billion people who currently lack access to safe water
- Finds motivation and joy doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Willing to travel
Position Reports To:
Director of Development and Marketing
To Apply for this Job:
Please send cover letter, resume’, references and salary requirements to Michael Mitchell at email@example.com